Yin and Yang Mariners Compass Foundation PiecingKate Quinn
Fri. June 12, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Level: All Levels
Class Type: Hands-on
Machine(s): Sewing Machine required
Learn to create your own Foundation Piecing Patterns and sew them together using this no tear paper piecing method. This fun graphic design is beautiful and you will learn valuable piecing technique's that can be used over and over again. Some curved piecing techniques are also shown to complete the project. Binding is not included.
Kit/handout Fee: $25 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
Kit includes: Fabric to complete the top of the Yin and Yang Mariner's Compass Star in the rainbow style shown. Colorway will be the same but fabrics may vary. A pattern handout for the star and take-home guide will also be provided.
Student supply list:
1) Freezer Paper (8-8" squares for foundation pieces and another 10" square for cutting templates.)
2) An old needle to use when sewing through the freezer paper to make the foundation patterns.
3) An Add-a-Quarter ruler (Large is better than the smaller size.)
4) An Appliqué iron is very helpful and a portable pressing mat.
5) 1/4 " patchwork foot for your sewing machine.
6) General Quilting notions such as glass head straight pins, seam ripper, neutral piecing thread and matching bobbin, and thread snips.
7) A light and dark fabric marker.
8) Good fabric scissors to cut curved background.
9) Rotary cutter and small mat with rotary rulers: 8" square or 8"x14" or similar.
SEWING MACHINES ARE NOT PROVIDED. Bring your own machine in good working order, pedal and cord.
Package & Sewing machine storage is available temporarily and overnight, free of charge in the Summit Pavilion.
SKU #: 405F
Fri. June 12, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM