Tahitian AppliquéCarrie Ann Fondi
Tue. June 8, 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Class Type: Hands-on
Machine(s): not required
Learn the traditional art of Tahitian Tifaifai Applique. Tifaifai are not quilted and consist of just two layers of fabric sewn together. This is a hand work class. Class project is a 40-inch table topper.
Kit/handout Fee: $9 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
Kit includes: Pattern and template paper.
Student supply list:
1. Sharp 6-8 inch fabric scissors & paper scissors
2. Hand Appliqué needles (a variety size pack is best) and needle threader.
3. Basting Thread and Basting Needle
4. Roxanne's Glue Baste it. (small bottle)
5. Chalk pencils and a regular pencil
6. Straight pins
7. 1 1/2 yards of two contrasting fabrics
8. Two 10in. Squares for "Fruits"
9. Portable light (for handwork) -optional
SKU #: 101T
Tue. June 8, 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM