- Shop >
Successful Machine Quilting: Cindy Seitz-Krug
Basics and Beyond
Wed. June 12, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Class Type: Hands-on
Category: Domestic Machine Quilting
Machine(s): Sewing machine required
This class is a "must" for beginning quilters as well as people who've taken one (or several) "Beginning Machine Quilting" classes but still don't quite have the confidence or skills to quilt their own quilts. In this class, we start with a brief discussion on threads, needles, batting, and quilting feet. Then we will learn to use a walking foot for straight-line foundation quilting and decorative quilting. After that, we will move on to extensive coverage of free motion quilting of continuous line designs, three types of feathers, stippling, and echo quilting. You will also learn what all quilters want to know, and that is: "How do I handle large quilts on my home sewing machine?" This class will give you the confidence and ability to finally quilt your own quilts on your home sewing machine.
Kit/handout Fee: $25.00 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
- All fabric and batting for class
- Blue wash-away marker
- Black and white cotton thread
- Sewing machine needle
Student supply list:
- Sewing machine and instruction manual
- Walking foot
- Free motion foot (MUST HAVE!)
- Masking tape
- Approximately 25 safety pins
- Optional items: quilting gloves, Kwik Klip, and surround shelf for the sewing machine bed.
* SEWING MACHINES ARE NOT PROVIDED IN THIS CLASS. Bring your own machine in good working order, pedal and cord.
Sewing Machine and Supply storage: For your convenience, we have available, free of charge temporary and overnight storage at the class registration desk located at Nevada Office 1, across the hall from classroom N5 on the lower level of the hotel.
SKU #: W205
Wed. June 12, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM