- Shop >
Quilted Flat-Out RaNae Merrill
Wed. June 12, 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Level: All levels
Class Type: Hands-on
Category: Domestic Machine Quilting
Machine(s): Sewing machine required
Learn the fundamentals of free-motion quilting and binding as you make this practical little tray. You'll be amazed at how much you learn in just one block, and you'll finish the tray in class! In this fun and easy class, you'll learn:
- How to set up your machine for FMQ
- How to balance stitch tension for FMQ
- How to find YOUR perfect rhythm and speed
- A fool-proof technique to get a perfect stitch length every time.
- Simple patterns that look great, even if you're a beginner.
- Fundamental shapes that can build into any pattern.
- An easy technique for perfect binding
- Ribbon tray option
Kit/handout Fee: $30.00 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
Student supply list: Click to view/print (PDF)
- Large Print (Top): 12" x 12" square
- Solid, Small Print or Geometric (Back): 12" x 12" square- Contrasting Solid or Tiny Print (Binding):2 strips 2-1/2" x WOF.
- Fusible batting 12" x 12" square. Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 Fusible.
- Ribbon: 2 yards 5/8" wide ribbon.
* SEWING MACHINES ARE NOT PROVIDED IN THIS CLASS. Bring your own machine in good working order, pedal and cord.
Sewing Machine and Supply storage: For your convenience, we have available, free of charge temporary and overnight storage at the class registration desk located at Nevada Office 1, across the hall from classroom N5 on the lower level of the hotel.
SKU #: W215
Wed. June 12, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM