- Shop >
Love, Baltimore Style Jaimie Davis
Sat. June 17, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Level: All Levels
Class Type: Hands-on
Machine(s): Sewing Machine required
Capture the beauty of dimensional flowers with this delightful wall hanging. In this workshop, students will learn how to mimic the elegance of hand applique with some freezer paper, a little bit of starch and their sewing machines. In addition, Jaimie will share 4 different techniques for making flowers that can be used both in this project and many others. Students will also learn a special technique that guarantees consistent, perfect circles in almost no time.
Kit/handout Fee: $25 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
- Love, Baltimore Style Pattern
- Directions for quilt construction
- One 17" square of fabric for background
- One 3" x 6" square of green fabric for leaves
- One 3" x 5" square of green fabric for stem extensions
- 2 stems 18" long prepared with steam-a-seam tape
- Leaf and scallop templates
- Freezer paper 6" x 6"
- Fabric for 1 lilac, 1 bunchberry flower, 1 primrose and 1 daffodil
Student supply list:
- Sewing machine
- Zigzag foot
- Personal pressing mat (helpful but not necessary)
- Travel iron (helpful but not necessary)
- Sewer's awl
- Basic sewing supplies
- Invisible thread for your sewing machine
- Thread to match the fabrics you are bringing for the flowers
- Paper and fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors (optional)
- Embroidery needle
- Cotton or polyester thread in the following colors: Fuchsia, gold, light yellow, medium pink, and light pink
- Basting thread (any thread that you want to get rid of)
- Small paintbrush or a Q-Tip for applying liquid starch
- Fist-size clump of stuffing (helpful but not necessary)
- Fabric marking pen
- Tweezers (optional)
- Clover Mini Iron (optional but recommended)
* SEWING MACHINES ARE NOT PROVIDED IN THIS CLASS. Bring your own machine in good working order, pedal and cord.
Sewing Machine and Supply storage: For your convenience, we have available, free of charge temporary and overnight storage at the class registration desk located at Nevada Office 1, across the hall from classroom N5 on the lower level of the hotel.
SKU #: 506S
Sat. June 17, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM