- Shop >
Learn to "Simply Love" your Singer 221 Featherweight! Caryn Lee
Wed. June 14, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Level: All Levels
Class Type: Hands-on
Machine(s): Sewing Machine required
Have you purchased or been gifted a 221 Featherweight? Is it sitting on a shelf because you are afraid to use it? Or do you use it but are not familiar with how to take care of it or correct common stitch issues? This class is for you! Come learn how to do simple basic maintenance on your 221. This class is taught in a casual and easy way so that you can learn to "Simply Love" your machine. You will become confident in your ability to maintain your Featherweight and not be afraid to use her. The material is offered in language that the everyday quilter/sewer can understand. Tasks covered will include how to clean the gears, lubricate and oil your machine, treat the finish, learn to correct common mistakes making your sewing experience easier, and much more. Some history and facts will also be covered. Once you take this class you will not put your precious machine in a closet anymore but will use and take care of her confidently! This class is not an advanced repair class!
Kit/handout Fee: $75 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
Kit includes: This kit contains everything you need to service your machine for the first time and products to continue to use to maintain your machine. Kit parts are for the black 221. Please contact us if you wish to purchase a kit for the 222 or white Featherweight at 480-540-6514 email@example.com
Each kit contains the following with a value of over $96!
- Case Pad -for the bottom of your case to absorb any oil or grease.
- Felt Drip Pad
- Superbelt by the Featherweight Shop
- Sewing Machine Oil in an Extended Spout Bottle
- SewRetro Lubricant- For the gears and motor
- Bobbin Tension Meter- This measures and corrects tension in your bobbin case
- Four Bed Feet
- Four Foot Pedal Feet
- Double Ended Brush for Cleaning
- Red Felt Circle- For your spool pin or under the screw on the bottom cover plate
- Bumper Dot- place on face plate screw to protect extension bed when folded up
- LED Bright White Bulb- 80 LEDs that are much brighter and will not burn you as the old incandescent bulbs would.
- Bulb Removal Tool- A silicone tube that fits over the bulb to be replaced and helps you turn it to remove
- And much more!
Student supply list: Click to view/print (PDF)
* SEWING MACHINES ARE NOT PROVIDED IN THIS CLASS. Bring your Featherweight sewing machine, pedal and cord.
Sewing Machine and Supply storage: For your convenience, we have available, free of charge temporary and overnight storage at the class registration desk located at Nevada Office 1, across the hall from classroom N5 on the lower level of the hotel.
SKU #: 204W
Wed. June 14, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM