- Shop >
Innovative Appliqué: Ogee Lotus
Sat. June 17, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Level: All Levels
Class Type: Hands-on
Machine(s): Not required
Enjoy the beauty of Karen's lotus block, while learning a completely unique construction method. In class, we will fully prepare one or more blocks for machine applique, and discuss stitching options to be completed at home.
Kit/handout Fee: $15 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
Kit includes: Pattern pages, glue, knife, template material, and misc. shared supplies.
Student supply list:
- Fabric: Most people complete one block in class. To master the technique, it's only necessary to bring a half-yard each of two contrasting solids. But you're absolutely welcome to play around with gradations in the figure and/or ground.
- Small iron and pad.
- Pinnable personal ironing board (pins will stand straight up firmly). This can be a lightweight board with a layer of foam and batting covered with muslin, or a few layers of foam core glued together, or a piece of insulation covered with muslin, or a purchased board e.g. June Tailor's Cut and Press board. It should be about 12" x 18".
- Rotary cutting supplies
- Basic supplies: Fabric scissors, straight pins, tape, and removable marking pen.
- Iron (dry, NO water),
- stick craft iron (optional),
- spray sizing (best) or starch (not BestPress for this), optional.
- [These are provided as shared items, but bring your own, if preferred/allowed.]
SKU #: 503S
Sat. June 17, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM