- Shop >
Improvisational Machine Appliqué
Fri. June 16, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Class Type: Hands-on
Machine(s): Not required
However, it is you've thought about machine applique up til now prepare to be surprised! We will explore innovative methods that lead to your creating free-form lines and curves, all with a beautifully turned edge. While this is a machine technique, we will spend class time on preparation, and complete the stitching at home.
Kit/handout Fee: $10 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
Kit includes: Paper, freezer paper, template material, knife, glue, and class notes.
Student supply list:
- 10 to 15 fabrics, fat-quarter to half-yard in size. Solids and batiks are preferable to one-sided prints. Include a wide enough range of hue and value to achieve contrast (lights, mediums, darks, neutrals, brights).
- Small iron and pad,
- Pinnable personal ironing board (pins will stand straight up firmly), such as June Tailor's Cut and Press board. This can be a lightweight board with a layer of foam and batting covered with muslin, or a few layers of foam core glued together, or a piece of insulation covered with muslin. It should be about 12" x 18"
- Rotary cutter and mat.
- Pencil, sharpie, and scrap paper for informal sketching
- Basic sewing supplies, including pins and fabric scissors
- Spray sizing
- Sense of adventure :)
- No machines needed in class - we will fully discuss stitching options for later.
SKU #: 407F
Fri. June 16, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM