- Shop >
Grid it & Stitch it Using Rulers (Longarm)
Heidi StagnoSupplies will be available for purchase in the classroom.
Sat. June 13, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Class Type: Hands-on
Category: Longarm Machine Quilting
Machine(s): not required
You will be amazed at how you can create quilted designs that look computerized. Using a few basic rulers, you can create a foundational design for a striking impact. In this class you will learn the following:
1. How to prevent your rulers from slipping.
2. How to position and properly hold the ruler.
3. How to prevent damage to your rulers and machines.
4. Where to mark your quilt for ruler placement. Learn the difference between a stitched line and pivot line.
5. Use incremental lines on the rulers. No need to mark every line of stitching.
6. How to quilt straight lines even if the quilt is crooked.
7. How to backtrack accurately and use it to enhance a design.
Come learn how to take the awkwardness out of ruler work.
Kit/handout Fee: $20 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
Kit includes: Practice quilt sandwich is pre-marked and pre-loaded onto the longarm machines. Includes thread, bobbins and hand-outs.
Student supply list:
Blue water-soluble marking pen
Purple air erase marking pen
4 X 14 rotary cutting ruler
Versa tool longarm ruler
3 X 12 Straight edge longarm ruler
Pen and paper
Camera or phone for photos
This class is a hands-on, stand-up longarm class. Two students per machine head. The skills taught in this class can be used on any longarm where the machine moves attached to a stationary frame.
Innova Longarm Quilting Machines sponsored by Sew So Shop
SKU #: 505S
Sat. June 13, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM