Finishing Your Textile - From Top To QuiltGrace Errea
Sat. June 13, 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Level: All Levels
Class Type: Hands-on
Category: Domestic Machine Quilting
Machine(s): Sewing Machine required
This 1-Day class is for anyone interested in taking a quilt top to its full completion. You will:
1) sandwiching of quilts in preparation to quilting.
2) discuss and demonstrate quilting patterns, focusing on Art Quilts.
3) discuss borders and bindings and how to complement your quilt. You will learn a new innovative edge-ing called "Bording"
4) learn the benefits and method to properly block your quilt.
You will be learning on small samples. This will allow you to feel free to explore and play while learning all these techniques. At completion you will be ready to tackle all those UFO you have hidden in your closet that you never knew how to finish.
Kit/handout Fee: $40 (Paid to the teacher in the classroom).
Kit includes: 6 fat quarters muslin
3 fat quarters batting
All the fabric needed for the binding and the "Bording"
Hand-on exercises including fabric for the 3-d flange
Student supply list:
- Thread - 50 wt. cotton in a medium beige or gray color
- Machine Sewing Needles, 70/10 and 80/12
- Sewing Machine with and Embroidery foot (wide open toe used for zigzag) and a Darning foot (free motion foot). Do NOT forget the electric cord and foot pedal!!!
- Bobbins: Pre-fill at least one with a medium color (grey or beige)
- Fabric scissors, ruler, square, rotary cutter and board
- Pins (I prefer the very thin 1-1 1/4 " silk pins)
- Flower head straight pins (colored), a few if different colors
- Small 1" quilters' safety pins
- Sharpie Fine and Extra Fine Permanent Marker, black
SEWING MACHINES ARE NOT PROVIDED. Bring your own machine in good working order, pedal and cord.
Package & Sewing machine storage is available temporarily and overnight, free of charge in the Summit Pavilion.
SKU #: 506S
Sat. June 13, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM